Are you trying to be healthy, but struggling to do so? Start to make habits in your routine to make it easier for yourself, avoid temptations, and avoid excuses. Here are some simple tips to try.
- Take time on the weekend to cut up veggies and grill meat to take with you for snacks or lunch.
- Put meals in containers and store in the fridge so you can quickly grab one in the morning to take along to work.
- Take healthy snacks, such as veggies, strips of grilled chicken or turkey, and nuts/seeds to work to avoid snacking on unhealthy sweets in the break room.
- Drink plenty of water during the day. You are less likely to overeat and more likely to avoid sugary soda or juice if you drink water frequently throughout the day.
- Keep a food log. If you write down everything you eat, you are less likely to eat unhealthy foods on a consistent basis.
- Go directly to the gym after work. If you are like me, once you go home you find things that need to be done around the house. Go exercise first…the house work can wait! (At least for a bit.)
- Make exercise fun. Go to the park with the kids and play games that involve running, jumping, climbing, etc.
- Walk and stretch! Even if you have had a long and busy day or week, movement to relax your body is a great idea. Take a walk and stretch out your muscles afterward.
Don’t keep putting of healthy habits. Start to change something today!