I had a chance recently to sit down with a doTERRA essential oil distributor to find out how the oils can be used for athletic performance, both pre and post workout.
She provided me some great tips on what oils to use, when to use them, and why.
Tips To Improve Athletic Performance Pre-and Post-Workout
- Whatever sport you participate in, trainers recommend using different oils in both pre- and post-workouts.
- Before any workout or therapy use Deep Blue rub, and then reapply post workout.
- Pre-workout some runners like to use Peppermint or doTERRA Breathe essential oil for a feeling of clear airways. Apply four to five drops to the chest five minutes before exercise or an event.
- For improved confidence, use doTERRA Balance™ essential oil.
- Post workout, place four drops of Lemon into 16 ounces of water and drink, then apply Lemongrass to calves.
- Also try White Fir, Wintergreen, and Frankincense essential oils during post workout for muscle tension.
Here is a list of some of the commonly used oils and what you can use them for.
- Provides a comforting sensation of cooling and warmth to problem areas
- Provides temporary comfort to tired and sore muscles and joints
- Supports circulation to muscles and joints
- Promotes healthy respiratory function and clear breathing
- Supports circulation
- Creates a cooling effect
- Provides soothing support to sore muscles and joints
- Supports clear breathing and respiratory function
- Energizes the body and the mind
On Guard Blend
- Supports healthy immune function
- Protects against environmental threats
- Cleans surfaces
- Purifies the skin while promoting healthy circulation
- Energizing, uplifting aroma
- Soothes aching muscles and joints
- Purifies and tones skin
- Heightens awareness and promotes a positive outlook
- Helps build and maintain a healthy immune system
- Promotes cellular health
- Promotes feelings of peace, relaxation, satisfaction, and overall wellness
- Cleansing and rejuvenating effects on the skin
- Promotes healthy immune function
- Protects against environmental and seasonal threats
- Soothes minor skin irritations
- Helps purify and freshen the air
- Used as a powerful cleansing and purifying agent
- Provides immune-enhancing benefits
- Supports healthy digestion and respiratory function
- Excellent source of antioxidants
To learn more information on natural health care including essential oils, supplements and other products you can contact Kristi Rogers at 602-361-7353.